Boone History Museums engage individuals and communities in the discovery of history and the arts, and offer culturally significant facilities with the intention of building community and creating conversations to better understand the past, present, and future, related to the people, places, and artifacts of Central Iowa.
We envision Central Iowa as a welcoming and imaginative learning environment that fosters community through history and the arts.
Board of Directors
Shirley Walrod-Vice President
John Stephenson-Interim Treasurer
Linda R. Blakely-Director At Large
Board Meetings are held quarterly in January, April, July and October and are open to the public.
Special Meetings and the Annual Membership Meeting are open to members only.
Next Board Meeting:
May 22, 2019
6:00 pm at the lower level of the History Center
This is a Special Meeting. All Members are welcome.
Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Boone County Historical Society Member! We have many exciting things planned for the upcoming year and look forward to having you join us. From new fundraisers, to building improvements, volunteer opportunities and an array of programming, we invite you to get involved on any level you would like.
- Core benefits: 2-issues of Trail Tales per year, 10% off at our museum gift shops excluding food, consignment, and discounted items, reduced Membership admissions and program fees.
- Student, Individual, and Family: Core benefits
- Organizations: Core benefits + Premium room rental rate
- Supporting: Core benefits + Premium room rental rate
- Patron: Core benefits + Premium room rental rate + Boone History Museums t-shirt
- Fellow: Core benefits + Premium room rental rate + stainless steel travel mug
- Associate: Core benefits + Premium room rental rate + private group tour of 2 museums + high quality, 20th century downtown Boone historic photo reproduction.
- Benefactor: Core benefits + Premium room rental rate + Name on museum wall or exhibit
We have had many accomplishments in the past year, but in order to keep improving and moving forward, we ask for your support! Your investment in preserving not only Boone County’s history, but also your own, is an important one.
Don’t forget that a BCHS Membership is the gift that keeps on giving all year long!
We invite anybody interested in becoming a member or in helping out in any way to please stop by the Museum so that we may meet you and have a chance to discuss all of the exciting things that lie ahead!
Print and Mail form and payment
Make checks payable to: Boone County Historical Society
Sign Up & Pay Online